Thursday, October 21, 2010

Twin love and sprinkles.


We're five months pregnant today. Over halfway and still don't have a name. Nada, nothing.

Tonight, I asked Jose, "What is love?"

And he responded all dork-like, "It is a special feeling that you have for special people. And you would doing anything for it."

Then he adds, "You know, I've been listening to you more."

To which I answered, "That's easy, all you have to do is sit there and be quiet. Go get me water, you're supposed to serve me." And then I dropped the soap. Giggle.


But I got to fill up on a whole lotta love today.

Loving on this:

And this:

New mama brought over two little loves today. Holding babies releases all those feel good hormones that send women home to their hubbies to make more babies. Done and done.

Then, we celebrated the season by making some homemade (yup, from scratch!) Halloween cookies. Cats, bats, ghosts and pumpkins made with lots of sugar and Jack's pure sweetness for a delicious treat before the big day. And we still have much to look forward to this week with pumpkin painting and pumpkin loaf baking.






Jack proved to be a pro for all of about ten minutes. Then he was "ah dun". Covered in flour, completely packed under fingernails and in his belly button, he marched out of the kitchen, dusting his palms on his pants.


He came back when Daddy showed up with orange sprinkles.



I raced through my health history draft to fill our day with festival fun. I was looking online for a good fall festival when I stumbled on the Veg Fest. Never heard, never been, but sounded cool. And when I proposed the idea to Jose, he responds with, "Vag Fest? YES!"

And so we went. And no need to clarify to him about a festival with organic vegan food. I just had to convince him to go. Not my problem if there was a Freudian slip in. Yes, "slip-in" is where the receiver hears what he really wants to hear. Happens all the time.




I don't think this even qualifies as an ice cream cone. I guess it would be a vegan-almond-coconut mixture with whatever additives necessary to make it whip, on a cone. It was good. Jack was fooled.







Jack was still as a statue for his ladybug painting. He showed off "bah-bug" up until he smeared it across his face in the car while napping.



The kid loves ear phones. Jose keeps talking about buying him an I Touch for his birthday. For his birthday? I don't even know how to respond to that.


My brain is fried and school just keeps turning up the heat. That's okay, I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment