Monday, October 18, 2010

Light Your Candle and a Picnic


It's a perfect day for a picnic, huh Boo Boo? I must have said this all morning while shopping for fun finger foods. And the weather demanded an outdoor picnic. So we called Jana and Eric and Callie to join us at the park. We laid out an old quilted bedspread, the kind that was really made for picnics. We brought cucumber sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies, fruit and crackers. Thank you Yogi, you are quite an inspiration.


While we ate, Jack did a lot of this. Ahem. He takes after his Mamma.






And Callie explored with her hiking stick. She wandered off to discover great new ant piles.

And then she returned to report.

Daddy taught Jack how to break up ant piles. Invade and torture.

Mamma taught Jack how to love.




The park was perfect and the day was beautiful. There was green grass, a playground and a long dock that led to a lake. And even though the bathrooms had no toilet paper, we had our napkins and baby wipes (and plenty to share with those in neighboring stalls).











We found a little market called Kim's Cabbage Patch on our way home. Along with seasonal fruits and vegetables, they were celebrating the season with homemade scarecrows and fall things. And pumpkins.





Did you know it was good luck to kiss a scarecrow? I made that up. But I think it should be, cuz I kissed one. And then I found the perfect one to bring home with me. If not luck, I better not see any crows.


Happy Emergency Nurses Week! Love a nurse. We may be cranky sometimes, but we save lives. Really, we do. One of the girls at work won a raffle and her prize was a stripping monkey. She didn't like it. Who wouldn't like a stripping monkey?! Jack LOVES it! He sings Hard To Handle, shakes his little butt and opens his raincoat to expose his heart boxers. The song is starting to wear on me, but until Jack starts taking his clothes off, he can enjoy it. Thanks Katie!
Hey little thing, let me light your candle cause mama I'm sure hard to handle now.
-Black Crowes

Jack, if you started singing this line, I think it would suit you. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Candice I love the way you convey the daily happenings in your life. It makes me feel like we are right there with you and not many many states away. Thank you for putting this blog together, updating it frequently and allowing us to share in Jack's adventures in life.

    PS...tell Jack that Uncle Paul plays that song with the band and the next time he is up in Maryland he can get up on stage and join in :)

    ReplyDelete