Monday, October 11, 2010

Fill your senses.

There is a little person in a crib in a room just down the hall from mine. I went into that room to hover over that crib and stare at this little soul, peacefully asleep to watch the rise and fall of his chest. And I do this sometimes so I can try to engrave this memory into my brain. I want to remember the smell of his nursery, the crib still smells like new wood, the baby detergent always lingers out of his closet and there is the ever present lavender wash. The sound of his light snoring, a mix of his heavy breathing and stuffy nose he acquired from someone at school. And sweet soft baby cheeks, half hidden behind the light receiving blanket and small damp curls. And I whisper, "I love you every day, more and more" before I sneak back to my bed.


I demanded my entire family sit around the kitchen table and do a project. Thank you Mom, Dad, Jeff and Jem for participating. I know I was a brat, but didn't we have FUN?!


Jack had a blast until we cut off his icing intake, then he was mad and just wanted UP!




So our G-rated haunted house turned into an x-rated candy bar. Yes, that ghost has boobs, and just above this door is a welcome to those who want to be greeted with strippers.


And all the icing didn't quite make it onto the house. We got a little bored.


And when part of the roof wouldn't stay on, Daddy declared it a skylight.


And since we realized halfway through that we had nibbled on to much of the construction material, we had to improvise and bring out coconut and mini kisses.


But I got my family around the table and we had a good time. Yep, see all my family standing behind me and my house?


Thanks Amma for cleaning up this big fat mess. I'm sure you tossed it in the garbage right after we left, but I like to think that everyone loved it so much, they put it on the mantle and admired it as they picked off pieces to eat here and there until it was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment