Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Birthday!


Happy birthday to my best friend! Here is a picture of my hoban licking the candles from my homemade chocolate cake (all made from scratch!). It was so good. Worth all the mess in the kitchen. Jack had his own spoon that I kept dipping in icing. Sometimes gobs of icing would fall on the kitchen floor and he would turn it into artwork with his fingers and his toes. What a sticky mess!

This is before he decked the walls with chocolate icing. I'm proud he uses a spoon! :)

SO, what did Jose get for his birthday? An oxygen tank from Daddy. Well, from my family, but Dad picked it out. Pretty soon, Jose will have all the scuba gear. Some clothes from his mom, tasty whiskey from Kirkman and a watch from Jack and me. I also picked him up some board shorts that were too small and had to be exchanged by delivery.

So, the night before his birthday, after work and before we all went to bed. I came upstairs with my hands behind my back to bring him a special surprise. Nervous and a little shaky, I climbed the stairs to the nursery where he was playing with Jack while singing Happy Birthday. "Are you sweating? Did my board shorts come in?"

Then I pulled out a little white plastic stick with two lines. "Uh oh," Jack said.


No comments:

Post a Comment