Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Seventeen.

My palms are sweaty. Ew. The biggest, most gigantic flying cockroach was crawling up our wall. Ew. Jose, Jack and I just stood there and stared at it. Where did that come from?! It's huge! Jose was trying to convince me that this one could fly. How do you know it flies? And then it flew. Right at me. And I did the first thing that came to mind, abandoned my husband and baby and wrapped myself in a curtain. Cocooned. Away from the flying cockroach, while Jose sprayed it to death with Lime Greenworks All Purpose Spray. Ew.

So here's what I'm thinking about today. Seventeen. Tomorrow, Jack will be seventeen months old and I will be seventeen weeks pregnant, and seventeen is such a good number, isn't it? Maybe tomorrow at 1717 (5:15 p.m. for any non-medical/military people), I'll make a wish. Because it sounds lucky.

The house is ready for fall. We have autumn-ized it. Now that we're parents, it's our obligation to show our kids the change in season, whether Florida coordinates or not. And usually not. We don't own a rake or a snow scraper, but we can still make it feel like cold seasons are coming. We can still bundle up, bonfire and roast marshmallows. We'd look stupid doing it, but at least we're teaching Jack how it's supposed to be!


And to bring on the good autumn smells, I lit a harvest candle and baked oatmeal cookies from scratch. Smells like fall to me.




Jack likes to inform us that everything is "hot". He holds his hand out flat and says hot! And he knows that pots, pans, ovens, stoves, food, coffee, tea, soup and anything outside in Florida could be HOT! We have to assure him that his food is ready-to-eat-because-mamma-blew-on-it.

It's HOT!


And the end product was super tasty and made the whole house smell fall-ish.


There's a baby in my belly and he is kicking. And this is so hard to explain to a one-year-old. He looks closely at my belly button and peaks down my pants, but still can't seem to figure out what I'm talking about. I don't see a baby. Mamma's done lost her mind.


My little Einstein has taken over the IPAD. And doesn't need our help anymore.


Yesterday was a party. Jose's twin cousins, Joshua and Celeste, turned 14. This is Aunt Stephanie's final outing as a fatty. Everyone wanted to rub that lucky Buddah belly.





Joshua taking a bite of yummy Buca De Peppo platter.


Jack doesn't want to be IN the picture. He wants to TAKE the picture.




Happy birthday to Joshua and Celeste, hope you made a great wish on that birthday cake. And no more puppies! You have plenty!


No comments:

Post a Comment