Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy birthday to a super dad.

He can put together his puzzles all by himself! Sorry about the fuzziness, I was playing with camera settings. I can't believe how much that little sponge of a brain can soak up. He's like a parrot, repeating every word in his own version. He inputs information and then demonstrates it back. He wipes his own mouth, blows his own nose and tries his very best to put on his own shoes. He wants to be a grownup one day.

I just love his toes.

But my little baby at heart still hugs his Jack Rabbit like a security blanket and finds his moot (we call it a shnoot, everyone else calls it a binky) with every bit of excitement that comes with the discovery of gold. He's still my baby.
This is the hair do Jack wore for the occasion of a surprise birthday party. The higher the hair, the better the celebration. The key is to distract him so he doesn't touch it. Eventually it falls and curls beautifully.
Jack and I are not streamer people. They are cheap and tacky and we just don't know how to properly decorate with them. Jack got carried away with his streamer and was mad when he couldn't get it off.

And thank you Amma for making homemade carrot cake with homemade cream cheese icing.
Many thanks.

We let him sulk. My poor dad moped all weekend as no one would even peep about his upcoming birthday. No one called yesterday morning to wish him happy birthday, mom kept mum as he got ready for work. It was pitiful.

To keep our guilty spirits up, we baked and decorated and finger-painted and wrapped and shopped and laughed and quite outdid ourselves. A celebration was in store.

And what a surprise it was! He came in grinning ear to ear, to this.








Jack is sitting by my side, one Croc on his right foot. The other foot has a black bottom. His shirt is stained with chocolate ice cream and orange paint that he used to paint the letter E at school today. I'm not sure what is crusty on the side of his lip. Ice cream? Milk? His feet are stinky and his head smells like chlorine.

He is plugging a transfer wire into my little laptop. In and out, in and out. My wallet is open with all contents spread throughout the living room. I can't see my debit card anywhere.

And I love it. Time for a bath.


No comments:

Post a Comment