Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My favorite morning.

It's 10:15 at night and I'm already looking forward to tomorrow. We're taking Jack to the zoo. All of us, together, on a day date. I love that. For months, Jack has been practicing his animal sounds. He can mimic a monkey, a dog, a cat, an elephant, a lion, a bear, a tiger, a cow, a goat and a pigeon. There's a reason for the pigeon. He likes to turn on the IPAD and play Duck Duck Moose games. Yes, I'm using Mamma jargon. In the game, they have a laughing pigeon. So we're exited to show him the real thing.

Today, Jack got a tattoo. And much to his mother's satisfaction, he hated it. I am no fan, but this was a phony, lick on. He saw it, scratched at it, the grabbed a wet wash cloth and scrubbed. And we laughed.



Until we could distract him from his stress a force a cheesy grin with, let me see your muscles!

Found a naked tattooed baby and his uncle studying a bug. I really liked the naked baby part.

My favorite morning is when I wake up before him, sneak into his room and watch him stir and wake a smile. And he smiles big. Because I'm there. And I spread the curtains and open the blinds and bring up the sun. That's what mammas do. Hoping for a favorite morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment