Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

I've done it. I have established a routine. Which is paramount to my success in multiple hat-wearing. And for the next six months, I wish bad breath on anyone who comes between me and my routine. After that, there will be a newborn in the house and all intent is lost. Then I will break my routine for sleep.

We are rested and sun-kissed from our Labor Day weekend on the boat. Daddy had to work, so Jack and I rode with Amma out to Harbortown where we took residence on Penny on Heads.



Jack loved it. Four of his favorite people all locked into a fort on water? Thank you Ma'am, I'll have another!
And if Jack could journal his glee, he'd write:
Everyone entertains me. We sing songs, play peekaboo, jump on the bed, dance in the rain, feel the wind, search through millions of cubbyholes, and eat a ton of junk food. This is my kinda place. Not to mention, it is impossible for anyone to wake up before 10 on a swaying cloud.
And did anyone see this mega switchboard? It operates EVERYTHING on the boat! AND it was built in my reach!


And the sand? He hates it. Dirty hands don't suit this polished prince. He'd prefer soap suds between his toes.



We had fun. The ocean ate my shoes, so I finally got a new pair. My old sandals were starting to talk when I walked. You know, when the sole become detached at the front and it flaps? Yes, it was time for a new pair.

And today, Jack became a swimmer! He swims back and forth between Momma and Daddy, kicking his feet, all while under water. No prompting. He just shouts his destination, MOMMA! and dives in!

No comments:

Post a Comment