Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A spring and a story.

Yesterday, we went to Wekiwa Springs. Jack added waffle and boat to his vocabulary. The waffle he ate for breakfast and the boat was for the canoe Daddy paddled down the river. We saw a turtle, a bird, an alligator and some fish. On our nature walk, we saw a salamander and a fat man who told us a ten minute story about some bug that lives fourteen years, lays eggs and dies. That was the long version cut short. On the way back, we stopped at Bistro 24 where I was served a veggie sandwich with small protein in the form of a bug. Ewww! When we told our waitress, she said "Oh, that must be the thing that's been buggin' us all morning!" Then she charged me for the sandwich.

Today, I took Jack to Nick Jr. Storytime Live. We parked in the only parking lot available. It happened to be in front of the Amway Arena where girls ages 5-25 were screeching "I have Beiber Fever!" What?! Justin Beiber is a fifteen year-old boy making a killing on his tour. I would have happily dodged the hormonal screaming stampede, but I didn't know. I carried Jack on the fifteen minute walk in 100 degree weather to the Bob Carr, where we paid 35 bucks (not including ten on parking) to walk around the lobby. He DID NOT want to sit in his seat and watch people bouncing on stage in costume. But, we got to see Disa and Keegan!

We are nine weeks pregnant. I am 123 lbs. and expanding. I am still sleepy and hungry and cranky. Rare queasiness, no cigar. Would love a margarita.



No comments:

Post a Comment