Friday, August 20, 2010

Waiting to exhale.

This little boy just melts my heart. I nursed him to sleep tonight, like every night. Sadly, I only have two nights left to nurse my baby before I fly to Kentucky for school orientation. Then, he's a big boy. When I was sure he was sound asleep, I tiptoed him to his crib and carefully lowered him while holding my breath, hoping he wouldn't wake up.

This time, he woke up. Darn, exhale. So I left the room to let him put himself to sleep. Ten minutes later, he was still crying. The past few days lying cozy next to us in our bed has made sleeping alone miserable. But I'm determined to sleep tonight without a foot in my face or a head crushing my carotid artery. Let's just say, I'm determined to sleep tonight.

I picked up my Jack, rocked on the glider with his head on my chest and my face buried in his curls. He always smells so good. And since I can't see his face, I listen very carefully for his breathing to become slow and regular. Then he's asleep. I put him in his crib, cover him up and sneak out. As I write this, I secretly want to creep back into his room, scoop him up and snuggle in bed with him. But I can't, because he has to grow and this is part of growing. (Sniffle)

And here is how Jack has made me laugh today. He loves to clean. I'm sure he gets this from his Dada. He has his own vacuum cleaner, broom and spray bottle. And let me tell you, cleaning is not just for chicks. I'm raising this man right, ladies! He was dumping water from his sippy-cup onto the floor and scrubbing with a paper towel. Make that tile shine!
Here you have it. A sexy, topless (little) man in the kitchen with a broom.
He sweeps, he vacuums, he scrubs on his knees and he LOVES chocolate. Sorry ladies, this man is not on the market. He's MINE! But you can look at this kissable face all you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment