Monday, August 16, 2010

Rainy Day with a Heartbeat.

I love my midwife. We visited her this morning for our first appointment. She was with us when we birthed Jack. Just seeing her again gave me a warm, fuzzy welcome feeling. She gives that warm, fuzzy welcome feeling when you meet her. And Shannon offers that no-nonsense YOU-CAN-DO-IT cheer. I love them both. And I encourage everyone to consider natural birthing.

We listened to the heartbeat together: 170. Could it be a girl? They old wives tale foretells a girl with a rapid heartbeat. I'm excited to find out.

Daddy had to sleep today for his night shift and Jack was hesitant to go down. So we come up with goofy games that make us giggle and wear us out. I put him in his crib and threw stuffed animals in, careful not to knock him over. Then he would throw them out. Bad behavior? Nah. We were laughing hysterically. Sometimes I'd pretend to throw it in and he'd dodge and look around his crib before he noticed I still had the prize.

Then we went for a walk, post-rain, with rain boots on. This called for the camera.






And hallelujah! He's out!

No comments:

Post a Comment