Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A good day.

Doing this was a good idea. Starting this blog was the creative outlet I needed. It's a way for me to reflect on the good parts of my day. Like writing something down to remember it better. Reviewing the pictures and smiling. Putting the thoughts down and understanding them better. Journaling life, the mundane, the routine, the monotonous and reminding myself how beautiful it all is.

And as stressed as I feel all the time, today was another good day.

I took Jack to school this morning for the first time. I forgot my way to his classroom and stopped at every door, peeked inside and closed it again. He just followed. The minute I put my hand on the handle of the door to his classroom, he started crying. You knew where your class was the whole time and didn't help me out? I had to laugh.

Jack's face when he first saw me after school.

We stopped to see Dr. Usmani after class for a shot. Two torturous events in one day. We saw Mrs. Usmani (there is a Mr. and a Mrs.). I'm on a different planet. I don't trust one word out of any doctor until I research it myself. I realize some perceive doctors as mini gods and think they perform miracles. No. It's regurgitate and spit. Read up on it and translate the message to patient from medical jargon to simpleton. I know this, I work with these gods.

Dr. Usmani wants to give Jack the flu shot in two months. She wants to start him on vitamins with iron since he's not on formula. "He's never had formula. Only breast milk." She is surprised. She wants him to wear sunscreen, the kind with numerous chemicals. Carcinogens. We stay out of direct light. She wants me to use toothpaste with fluoride. And she's happy to hear that he drinks plenty of filtered tap water so he gets enough fluoride. Do people really believe this?

Our day ended with three flips-all-by-himself in the pool! Then I power walked him in his stroller, listening to him point out every lizard, caterpillar, bird, airplane, helicopter, tree, sign, car. We played steamroller on the carpet, swept crumbs off the floor and read books. And review all the wrongs I had to right, several school assignments, the chores and the no-nos, Jack's new whine and clingy attachment... today was a good day.




Determined to get my keys in his pocket.

Not quite our box, not quite the right key.

We keep the sunshine at our house.


No comments:

Post a Comment