Monday, February 14, 2011

Loving Love

Photobucket

I love being a mama. There are so many things that I want to try in life, but I could easily tuck them all away in drawer in order to do mama things first. Jose tells me on Saturday that Jack has to bring twenty Valentine gifts to school on Monday. My first real Mommy Project! And I wanted to do it up. Really do it up. I wanted to get lost at the craft store, draining every staff member of all their creative ideas. I wanted to go all out and create something beautiful. I would have tacked on cupcakes and cookies, dressed Jack up in red and pink and topped him with a giant hat covered in hearts.

But I'm on bed rest at the mercy of everyone else to run my errands. And it blows, but my post will not be about that today. I have a great tribe. After rounding up some ideas to keep it simple and sweet, Jeffrey went to Michael's and scavenged the aisles.

Heart crayons, courtesy of one of the moms from Connected Mothering. Find a cute heart muffin pan, crumble crayon pieces, bake in the oven for about 10 minutes and you get a super cute my-momma-made-these-from-scratch-because-she-loves-me Valentine's gift!

Photobucket

I have limited ways of entertaining my little man from bed. We read and play games, but a lot of times, I end up grabbing whatever I can find in the drawer beside me, like LIP UM. That would be lip balm for those who are unfamiliar with Jack's sophisticated toddler accent.

Photobucket

Orange season is over according to our local orange man. Craving his delicious organic oranges, I told Jose to go knock on his door and see if he has a secret stash somewhere. He did! He was so welcoming, he invited Jack to pick oranges, key limes and grape fruit.

Photobucket

My Jack is coming home, so I'm cutting this short to love him up! Go kiss someone today. Happy Valentine's Day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment