Friday, February 18, 2011

Jana Banana

Not much to say today, except that I have this great friend Jana who deserves a page of my gratitude. My sister from the trenches. Her and I met for breakfast a little over two years ago to share good news. One and the same: we were pregnant.

She told me she was having her baby naturally out-of-hospital, and I said, "Girl, you crazy! Why would you do that?"

"It's safer."

And from that day on, I became a new person. I took my ignorant head out from where the sun doesn't shine and did some research. She was right. Having my baby at home would be peaceful. Avoiding interventions would allow for a smooth birth and a healthier baby. Having my baby at home was safer. Having Jack at home was the best day of my life. And I could go on and on, but I'll safe Jack's birth story for another blog.

This is my Jana and I love her. And what makes her a super cool mom? She risked breaking her neck going down this slide a hundred times with our kids.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, and I'm growing a chia pet! Ch-ch-ch- CHIA!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment