Friday, November 19, 2010

Ying and Yang.

I have a disability. I am forgetful. Not the kind of forgetful where I left the lights on or forgot to lock the door. And not the funny kind where I'll look all over for the sunglasses on my head. Oh no. I left my camera on top of my car when I drove to the mailbox. Luckily, Jose noticed it while pulling out the mail. There are things I have forgotten that I don't care to admit, silly things. I keep blaming pregnancy mush brain and mom head, but it can only get so far.

I know stress causes forgetfulness. I have a full plate and can only nibble so much at a time. And I wonder, how am I going to handle TWO under two? And graduate school? And work?

I'm buying myself a cape. It's going to be red. It's going to have a big fat C on it. And I'm going to wear it at my desk, in my kitchen and if I have to, I'll wear it to work. I got this.


Will you get a load of these adorable babies. Yes, they're twins, but they are Ying and Yang. They're not identical. One sleeps all day, the other sleeps all night. Gabriel looks like his mama and Isaiah resembles his daddy. But they are equally loved.

Jack smothers them in kisses. He makes sure they have a shnoot nearby and he rocks them, hard. The more effort, the more love.



I love how it takes all of his determination and persistence and coordination to insert the pacifier. His tongue hugs his upper lip, he grunts a little...



... he tries two hands, pokes an eye and jams it in. I know my kid is going far in life.





I am on the cape hunt. I'm thinking red. Something sparkly with matching heels and lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment