Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Happy Thanksgiving

What am I thankful for this year? Well, first and foremost: Jack. Make my day, make my year. I burrowed into a cozy cabin in a tiny nook of North Carolina with all my favorite people. Even though I had a ton of schoolwork, I was able to put my feet up on the lazy boy and allow all pregnancy swelling collected during my twelve-hour shifts and desk work to return to my core. Ah, relaxation.







I am thankful for my husband. My crazy, energetic, clean-freak, tall, dark and handsome best friend of six years is the charm in my life. We are so lucky and I believe it is all because of such a lucky match, the two of us.



I am thankful for a little English cucumber (at least that's what Babycenter.com seems to think Pacheco #2 looks like). It's hard to believe I have another little man on his way. I haven't met him yet, but I believe in love at first sight, a concept that seemed illogical before Jack was born.

I am thankful for my Momma. She is the first person I call for advice, news, just to vent and sometimes just to hear the sound of her voice. I am so happy not to miss out on having a close relationship with my mother. This apple didn't fall far from that tree and I love that she's always a phone call away.

I am thankful for my Daddy. The keeper of all useful and useless information. Always generous, a believer in the right way and the high road in society. The last to be ready and the last to admit it, always constant and predictable. This girl loves her daddy.

I am thankful for Jeff, my articulate, intelligent, artistic and very talented brother. I can make him so mad, but somehow, he always forgives me. He could defend Hitler and convince the world he's innocent, he could make us all believe the sky is pink and the grass is blue. I dig that, a companion who always keeps the wheels turning in my brain.

And I am thankful for our family gem, Jem (Jeremy). He's my kid brother with great potential in this world. A dabbler in everything with enormous curiosity. He will smile through his greatest frustrations and keeps insanely calm.


As we sat around the dinner table on Thanksgiving Day, I tried to milk the gratitude out of my family members, but I guess it was kinda dorky. So I had to blog about my appreciations for those closest to me. I know they don't have to hear it from me, but I sure love them all.






I really have a lot more thanks to tack on, but I'll have to add an addendum. There is a freshly bathed baby in jammies waiting for a big round belly to lay his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment