Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Could Hold You In My Arms

Photobucket

It's the middle of the night and I am exhausted. Eli's tummy hurts. I fed him, burped him, bounced him, changed him, rocked him. No success. But I still have my mommy tricks. He is wrapped up tightly in my Moby and we are dancing. And what keeps me going are these huge brown eyes looking up at me with what seems like gratitude. And I'm all teary as the soft music plays Ray LaMontagne singing I Could Hold You In My Arms. It's only minutes before I can feel his soft snore against my chest.

Photobucket

And I should go to bed now, but my birth play list runs on with the sweet loving music I had intended for the big day. And we are still dancing. And he is making these little hums. And these lyrics fit the moment. "You came from heaven shining, breath of God still flows fresh on you. The beating heart inside me crumbled at this one so new."

Photobucket

I have more to post, but it is the middle of the night. Short and sweet and so worth recording.

No comments:

Post a Comment